KCFinder is an open source web file manager. It can be integrated into FCKeditor, CKEditor, and TinyMCE WYSIWYG web editors (or your custom web applications) to upload and manage images, flash movies, and other files that can be embedded in an editor’s generated HTML content.
KCFinder’s installation and integration with editors and custom web application is fairly easy and well documented. It requires PHP5+ and GD extension and has been tested to work with Apache web server. It uses CSS3 on client side; therefore works best with modern web browsers.
- Ajax engine
- Select multiple files with the Ctrl key
- Download multiple files or a folder as single ZIP file
- Clipboard for copying and moving multiple files
- Easy to integrate and configure in web applications
- Return a list of selected files to custom integrating application
- Resize bigger uploaded images.
- Configurable maximum image resolution
- Configurable thumbnail resolution
- Visual CSS themes
- Multilanguage system
Developed by Pavel Tzonkov; KCFinder is available for download under GPL and LGPL Licenses. You can find further information, demos & download on KCFinder Website.