ThePhig is an easy to use open source PHP script that enables you to create an album of images by simply uploading a directory of images to the server. Its password protected admin area enables users to easily manage information related to specific album and uploaded images. It requires PHP5.2+, GD Library and MySQL database.
ThePhig adds automatic thumbnail creation, and provide you with three different image overlays: PrettyPhoto, FancyBox, and Shutter Reloaded for the front end. Another important feature is its ability to have the images in an album mapped out (on Google Maps) for you, if coordinates exist in the EXIF data.
- Automatic thumbnail creation of images
- Easily customizable with CSS
- Open source allows for the modification of the underlying code if needed
- A password protected administration panel for modifying many of the settings of the gallery (such as name of the gallery, image titles, etc)
- The ability to create an album icon directly from the administration panel
- If coordinates exist in the EXIF data, the ability to have the images in an album mapped out (on Google Maps) for you
- Easy to implement into an existing website
- Currently supporting three different image overlays: PrettyPhoto, FancyBox, and Shutter Reloaded
With all the other useful features ThePhig lacks the ability to upload images from the admin area – but you can easily add this feature yourself by integrating an open source file manager with it.
Developed by Ryan Reed; ThePhig is available for download under GNU General Public License.. You can find further information, demo & download on ThePhig Website.