Easy List Splitter is a useful little jQuery plugin that provides an easy way to divide your list items into columns. It will get your list, wrap it into a container div, generate as many lists as the number of columns you require and evenly split the list items into the different list elements.
Implementation is really straight forward; you just need simple ordered or unordered list, and then target it using any jQuery selectors. Easy List Splitter does not set any CSS rules or column widths; it simply generates clean and valid HTML code that you can style as you wish.
- Split any ordered (OL) or unordered (UL) list
- Define the number of columns in which you want your lists to be split
- Target more than one list on the same page and set different number of columns for each of them
- A class “last” will be added to each last UL or OL so that you can easily remove side padding or margin
- You can choose whether to order your list items vertically or horizontally
- There is no need to modify your HTML. Just target your list element using any of the jQuery selectors
Developed by Andrea Cima Serniotti; Easy List Splitter is dual licensed under the MIT and GPL licenses. You can find further information, demo & download on Easy List Splitter Website.