jQuery Popeye is a unique image gallery plugin that you can use as an alternative to common lightbox. You can use it to save space when displaying a collection of images and also provide your users a nice and elegant way to see larger images without leaving the page flow.
jQuery Popeye uses a different approach than traditional lightboxes by respecting the page flow and staying anchored in the webpage at all times – thus giving a less disruptive user experience than modal windows. It is fairly easy to implement, and offers great flexibility in both behavior and styling through configuration options and CSS.
- Easy to implement and requires simple markup
- Comes with three different CSS skins
- Automatic Single Image Mode
- Can have multiple galleries in a single page
- Support both text based or HTML based captions
- Configuration options to customize behavior
Developed by Christoph Schuessler; jQuery Popeye is available for download under GNU General Public License. You can find further information, demos & download on jQuery Popeye Website.