RegExr is a free tool for learning, editing, testing, and sharing regular expressions. It is available online at RegExr.com, and has a desktop version (Adobe Air application) for Mac OSX, Windows or Linux. RegExr is built with Flex 3 and uses ActionScript’s built in RegExp engine.
RegExr has very simple and easy to use interface. It provides you with built in sample (organized into various categories) for quick reference. You can also search through expressions shared by the community and share your own. It also allows you to save your own expressions locally.
- Real time results: shows results as you type
- Code hinting: roll over your expression to see info on specific elements
- Detailed results: roll over a match to see details & view group info below
- Built in regex guide: double click entries to insert them into your expression
- Save your expressions: My Saved expressions are saved locally
- Share and rate expressions: search Community expressions and share your own