Pencil in an open source GUI prototyping and sketching tools, based on Mozilla Firefox. You can use it to easily create user interface wireframes / prototypes for your web and software projects. Pencil can be installed as Firefox 3 addon. After being installed, you can launch it through Firefox Tools menu.
If you prefer to run it as a standalone application, you will need to install XULRunner, which provides Pencil a way to run completely outside Firefox.
- Built-in stencils for diagramming and prototyping
- Multi-page document with background page
- Inter-page linking
- On-screen text editing with rich-text supports
- Exporting to HTML, PNG, Openoffice.org document, Word document and PDF
- Undo/redo supports
- Installing user-defined stencils and templates
- Standard drawing operations: aligning, z-ordering, scaling, rotating…
- Adding external objects
- Personal Collection
- Clipart Browser