TipTip is a jQuery plugin that allows use to create simple, customizable Tooltips for your web page. It is really lightweight (only 3.5kb minified). TipTip is an intelligent tooltip plugin that detects the edges of the browser window and will make sure the tooltip stays within the current window size. TipTip has been tested (and works) in: IE7+, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Chrome.
TipTip uses the “title” attribute just like the native browser tooltip does. However, it copies title and then remove it from the element – so that the browser tooltip will not show up. No images are used to style the tooltip and is completely customizable via CSS.
- Customize maximum width
- Customize distance of tooltip from the element
- Customize number of milliseconds before showing the tooltip
- Specify fade-in and fade-out speed
- Supports custom callback function that is run on mouseover
- Supports custom callback function that is run on mouseout
Developed by Drew Wilson; TipTip jQuery Plugin is available for download under Dual MIT and GPL License. You can find further information, demos & download on TipTip jQuery Plugin Website.