Flex Level Drop Down Menu is a jQuery plugin that lets you add a multi level drop down menu to any link on the page. You can use this plugin to create both horizontal or vertical menu bars, since drop down menu can appear below or to the right of the anchor element.
Structure wise Flex Level Drop Down Menu is simply defined as a regular nested UL on the page, making it very intuitive to set up. By default menu will appear beneath the anchor link, with no additional x or y offset. You can modify both of these aspects using configuration options.
- Lets you associate a multi level drop down menu to any link on the page, by inserting the custom attribute “data-flexmenu” inside the link
- Control whether the menu drops down or to the right of the anchor link, through the use of the custom attribute “data-dir”
- Ability to fine tune the position of the drop down menu relative to the anchor link, by specifying a custom x and y offset using the attribute “data-offsets”
- Each drop down menu is simply defined as a regular, hidden nested UL on the page
- Main and sub menus repositions themselves when too close to the right or bottom edges of the browser window so they remain in view
- Ability to customize the expand animation speed
- Ability to specify the delay before each menu and its sub menus appear/ disappear when the mouse rolls over and out of them
Developed by Dynamic Drive; Flex Level Drop Down Menu is available for download for Free. You can find further information, demo & download on Dynamic Drive Website.