The dygraphs library relies on HTML’s <canvas> tag and uses excanvas library in IE using VML. It is designed to display dense data sets and enable users to explore and interpret them. Users can move mouse over to highlight individual values; click and drag to zoom a certain portion; and double-click action will reset zoom back to normal.
- Plots time series without using an external server or Flash
- Works in Internet Explorer (using excanvas)
- Lightweight (45kb) and responsive
- Displays values on mouseover (this makes it easily discoverable)
- Supports error bands around data series
- Interactive zoom
- Adjustable averaging period
- Can intelligently chart fractions
- Customizable click-through actions
- Compatible with the Google Visualization API
- Intelligent defaults make it easy to use
Developed by Dan Vanderkam; Dygraphs is available for download under MIT License. You can find further information, demos & download on Dygraphs Website.