Who-Tweet Button is a jQuery plugin that allows you to acknowledge the people who tweet your story by showing their Twitter pictures inside the retweet button. This plugin is using Topsy API which keeps a complete history about Twitter trackbacks of your links.
Adding Who-Tweet button is as simple as adding a div with a “who-tweet” class. Although all arguments are optional, it is better to set your own Twitter username, so when people retweet your link; your nickname appears as the source. Link URL will be automatically grabbed from the page this code is placed in.
- Display Twitter pictures of people who tweet your link
- You can show pictures of highly influential users only
- Display people tweets as a tool-tip when hovering over their pictures
- Many transition options like opacity, height and width
- The button is not iframe-based. Which means you can easily customize its style to blend into your theme
- The button makes use of jQuery DOM-Manipulation (No document.write) for better and optimal integration with your code
- Use a typical JS call or auto-load any number of div elements that have “who-tweet” class
- Still, you can display the original retweet buttons -tall or wide- without the Who part
Developed by Mike at MoreTechTips; this jQuery plugin is available for download under Apache License. You can find further information, demos & download on Who-Tweet Button Website.