Twitter trackbacks widget is a highly customizable jQuery plugin that you can use to integrate tweets that mention your post. It encourages users to engage further by providing reply and retweet links with each tweet. Based on Topsy’s API (released a WordPress plugin to turn your post tweets into comments), Twitter trackbacks widget can be used in any blog not just WordPress.
You can easily implement Twitter Trackbacks Widget with only three lines of code for default behavior. You can customize plugin’s behavior by setting several option including ability to set post URL manually, number of tweets, duration, animation etc.
- Display Twitter responses/tweets that mention your link
- Display tweets as a bar with transition effects or as a fixed list
- Retweet and reply links for each tweet to encourage people to share your link
- Return tweets of highly influential users only
- Style tweets based on the influence level of their users
- Many transition options like opacity, height, font-size
- Each part of the tweet like Avatar, links, hash tags.. has its own class for easy CSS customization
- Show or hide some parts of the tweet like avatar, author name, date, retweet/reply links.
- Use a typical JS call or auto-load div elements that have “twitter-trackbacks” class
Developed by Mike at MoreTechTips; this jQuery plugin is available for download under Apache License. You can find further information, demos & download on Twitter Trackbacks Widget Website.