Twitter Friends and Followers Widget is a jQuery plugin that you can embed anywhere to display pictures of your Twitter followers or friends (whom you follow) and their latest tweets if you like. By featuring your Twitter friends or followers on your website, you will be able to encourage other to become friends too.
Implementation is really straight forward and you can easily customize the look of the widget using CSS. Twitter Friends and Followers Widget is highly customizable; plugin supports many arguments including number of friends/followers, animation, animation delay, ability to turn off avatars, etc. All arguments are optional except for your Twitter username.
- Show your latest Twitter Friends and Followers with custom animation.
- Display your profile and total count of your friends and followers.
- Display your friends or followers latest tweets.
- Instead of linking a picture to friend’s twitter page; You can link it to his/her home page. So, They would know that your are linking to them (by referrals).
- Widget is very flexible and can easily fit in different layouts by adjusting the number of visible pictures and its dimension.
- Many pictures & tweets transition options like opacity, width, height.
- Each part of the tweet like Avatar, links, Hash tags has its own CSS class so it can be styled easily.
- Show or hide some parts of the tweet like avatar, author name, date, etc.
- Use a typical JS call or auto-load div elements that have “twitter-friends” class.
Developed by Mike at MoreTechTips; this jQuery plugin is available for download under Apache License. You can find further information, demo & download on Twitter Friends and Followers Widget jQuery Plugin’s Website.