Pingdom is popular website monitoring service that helps you discover any problem with your website the minute it happens. You will be immediately alerted so you can take action before it affects your business. You will also be able to see detailed statistics of your website performance, giving you a historical record of all incidents.
Pingdom up till very recently was a pay-only service, but is now offering free accounts as well (with no strings attached). Pingdom Free has all the features of paid account types. The only limitation is that you can only monitor one website or server, but that should be enough for a lot of bloggers and hobbyist webmasters out there.
- You handle all your settings from an online control panel. No need to install anything.
- Tests can be performed as often as every minute.
- Tests are performed from multiple locations on the Internet.
- You can get error alerts via both email and SMS.
- You get access to reports on downtime and response time.
- When an error is detected, Pingdom performs additional tests for you, helping you troubleshoot.
You can sign up for the Free account on the Pingdom homepage.