This jQuery plugin will enable you to easily add an auto complete text box in your form. It allows users to select multiple items from a predefined list, using auto completion as they type to find each item.
For token input; script can fetch data from wherever you like (e.g., database or hardcoded list), but it must take exactly one GET parameter named “q” which will contain the query string(e.g., http://www.example.com/myscript?q=query) and outputs JSON search results in a specific format that this plugin understands.
- Intuitive UI for selecting multiple items from a large list
- Layout controlled fully in CSS, easily customizable
- Result caching reduces server load
- No images required, just the plugin’s .js file and some CSS
- Handles JSON search data for auto completion
- Smooth animations when results load
- Select items using the mouse or keyboard
Developed by James Smith; This jQuery Plugin is available for download under the GPL2 License. You can find further information, demos & download on James Smith’s Blog.