FancyUpload is a file-input replacement component powered by MooTools. It is unobtrusive and offers multiple-file selection menu and queued upload with animated progress bars. FancyUpload is easy to setup, is server independent and fully customizable via CSS and XHTML.
FancyUpload is fully compatible with all A-Grade Browsers (Internet Explorer 6+, Opera 9, Firefox 1.5+ and Safari 3+) with Adobe Flash 9 and 10 player. FancyUpload has very comprehensive API allowing really powerful and seamless integration with your applications.
- Select and upload multiple files
- Filter files by type in the select dialog
- A lot of possible Events to add your own behavior
- Show and filter useful file information before the upload starts
- Limit uploads by file count, type or size
- Platform and server independent, just needs Flash 9+ (> 95% penetration)
- Graceful Degradation, since the element is replaced after the Flash is loaded successfully
- Cancel running uploads, add files during upload
- Everything is optional, documented and easy editable
- Get the server response after upload
- Shows the current upload speed and the time left
- Send additional request data via GET or POST variables
- Set the filename for the upload request
- Browse-button can be an invisible overlay or an interactive image sprite
- Event based Flash communication, future-proof und more stable
- File-specific options for setting URL, data and method, intelligently merged
- Append cookies automatically to the request data
- Relative URLs are converted automatically
Developed by Harald Kirschner; FancyUpload is available for download under the MIT License. You can find further information, demos & download on FancyUpload Website.