Yii is a high-performance component-based PHP framework for developing large-scale web applications. It is fast, comprehensive, simple, secure, strictly PHP5, pure object oriented and well documented. The name Yii (pronounced as Yee or [ji:]) stands for easy, efficient and extensible.
Yii is easy to learn and use; you only need to know PHP and object-oriented programming. You are not forced to learn a new configuration or template language. Everything in Yii is a self-contained component which can be configured, reused or extended easily.
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Database Access Objects (DAO) and Active Record
- Integration with jQuery
- Form input and validation
- Web 2.0 widgets
- Authentication and authorization
- Web services
- Internationalization (I18N) and localization (L10N)
- Layered caching scheme
- Error handling and logging
- Compliance to XHTML
- Automatic code generation
- Purely object-oriented
- Friendly with third-party code
- Detailed documentation
- Extension library
Yii is released under the BSD License. This means you can use it for free to develop either open source or proprietary Web applications. You can find further information & download on Yii Website.