The Superfish plugin is compatible with jQuery v1.2 and later. It does not have any dependencies on other plugins, but allows you to use other plugins to further enhance its functionality and features. Superfish is well documented and provides several examples to quickly customize and integrate it into your own work.
- Suckerfish-style hover support for IE6
- Timed delay on mouseout to be more forgiving of mouse-piloting errors
- Keyboard accessibility
- Supports the hoverIntent plugin. Superfish automatically detects the presence of Brian Cherne’s hoverIntent plugin and uses its advanced hover behavior for the mouseovers (mouseout delays are handled by Superfish regardless of the presence of hoverIntent)
- Indicates the presence of sub-menus by automatically adding arrow images to relevant anchors. Arrows are fully customisable via CSS. You can turn off auto-generation of the arrow mark-up via the “autoArrows” option if required.
- Drop shadows for capable browsers – degrades gracefully for Internet Explorer 6. Can disable shadows completely via options object.
- Can show the path to your current page while the menu is idle
- Optional callback functions
Developed by Joel Birch; Superfish jQuery Plugin is released under GPL and MIT license. You can find further information, demo & download on Superfish Website.