CodeIgniter is a free open source PHP Framework with relatively small codebase. It uses the Model-View-Controller (MVC) approach for development, which allows better separation between logic and presentation. It enable you to develop faster by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries.
CodeIgniter comes with full-range of libraries that enable the most commonly needed web development tasks, like accessing a database, sending email, validating form data, maintaining sessions, manipulating images, working with XML-RPC data and much more.
- Model-View-Controller Based System
- PHP 4 Compatible
- Extremely Light Weight
- Full Featured database classes with support for several platforms.
- Active Record Database Support
- Form and Data Validation
- Security and XSS Filtering
- Session Management
- Email Sending Class. Supports Attachments, HTML/Text email, multiple protocols (sendmail, SMTP, and Mail) and more.
- Image Manipulation Library (cropping, resizing, rotating, etc.). Supports GD, ImageMagick, and NetPBM
- File Uploading Class
- FTP Class
- Data Encryption
- Full Page Caching
- Error Logging
- Application Profiling
- Calendaring Class
- User Agent Class
- Zip Encoding Class
- Template Engine Class
- Trackback Class
- XML-RPC Library
- Unit Testing Class
- Search-engine Friendly URLs
- Flexible URI Routing
- Support for Hooks, Class Extensions, and Plugins
- Large library of “helper” functions
CodeIgniter is licensed under an Apache/BSD-style open source license. You can find further information & download on CodeIgniter Website.